Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The End of an Era - Bye Bye B!

I got a text message today from Shumpy today asking me if I heard that they shut down the B!?!? How could it be!  (...get it... pun intended).   ...I do realize it's not funny if I have to point it out... I digress.

Ahem...

Anyway.  Apparently Bennigan's can't pay their bills.  Bummer!  The only one I really CARE about is THE B.  The one SMB took me to, and we quickly became regulars.  SMB and I had sooo many hilarious and wonderful and totally drunken along with probably many more forgotten memories there.  The first time SMB and I went to our B, I met Shumpy.  Some douchebag gave me his number after telling me he could "eat Pussy better than anyone ever."  His words... not mine.  I drunkenly asked the dudes sitting at the bar behind our table if any of them had a Sharpie, and enter Shumpy!  SMB took the douchebag's phone number and Shumpy's Sharpie and wrote the douche's phone number on the bathroom stall with a crude message about his proclaimed skills.  Shumpy immediately became an instant drinking buddy and friend.  Thanks, Shumpy!  

BigAC and I also went there on our first date.  We had dinner somewhere else (because you really shouldn't eat at the B, I'm told), and then we went to the B for drinks and SMB crashed our first date.  If it wasn't for SMB and the B, I don't know that BigAC and I would have become what we are today.  There's nothing like getting shitty drunk with one of your best friends who has NO reservations whatsoever to spark new love on a first date.  

The B is the home of the Shane Poll.  

The B is where we would go on Christmas night to get away from family time (no offense Mom... I promise you were already tuckered out when we'd go boozing it up at the B).  

SMB's sister used to go to the B with SMB on holiday's too for wholesome holiday debauchery. 

The night before SMB and I left for our trip to the Dominican Republic last year, we bought beach hats and wore them to the B and people stared at us like we were weird (shocking, I know) and our fun beach hats got us some free beer thus starting Spring Break Woo Hoo out right.

The B is where about 9 million dumbasses asked us if we were sisters.  For those of you who don't know, SMB and I share the same first name.  We had so much fun when we finally started flatly answering yes when idiots asked us if we were sisters.   

Somewhere SMB is out there with the Care Bears cursing  (with arms flailing and stringing together the most amazing tirade of curse words you've ever heard)the stupid Bennigan's assholes who can't pay their damn bills.  Get 'em Tiger.  

It really is the end of an era.  Seriously.  I know it's probably a bit stoopid to care that a stupid nasty bar and grill closed, but sheesh... So many memories and good times.  

...sniff... sniff...

That is all, 
SBC

1 comment:

Shumpy said...

heh. I remember the night you are talking about. Of all the gin joints in all the towns... you walk in to mine.

That led to a lot of late nights with you, me, and SMB. Good times!