...or so it would seem! BigAC and I drove 1400+ miles to deliver my Boss' Mercedes to him in sunny Santa Monica, California. So far, it was worth the 2.5 days of driving, but I'm not gonna cry if I never get to drive Bossman's ride again. I suppose if you're going to drive that crazy-long drive, the only way to do it is in a Mercedes' convertible that you neither have to pay to maintain nor to fill up with premium gas. Anyway... we arrived in Santa Monica yesterday early evening, delivered the car, and then started the relaxing process. Today we got up early... we're still on TX time it seems, and walked up and down the beach, visited the Santa Monica pier complete with ferris wheel and roller coaster, and lounged by the pool. We ended the day back out on the beach until it got too chilly for us. This place has the most wonderful weather. It's maybe 80 degrees with a cool breeze at all times. Quite a nice break from the oppressive TX heat.
I've got some SMB Sunday thoughts a brewin'... especially being out here, but my internet connection is not good enough to write it all out, and I also just realized it was Sunday. I've lost track of my days... happens when I'm not in the office like normal. I'll do a better SMB Sunday post when I return, but for now...
Today when BigAC and I went down to the pool, I packed my beach bag with our stuff... while we were sitting down there, I saw a piece of paper in my bag. I got it out and looked at it, and it was for 1980 pesos... HUH? It was the receipt from the day SMB and I rented snorkel gear from the resort while we were in the Dominican Republic last year. That was the best vacation ever. It was actually her receipt because she paid for the rentals... It's so weird how little things like receipts can become precious. More on SMB when I get back to TX.
That is all,
SBC
1 comment:
Bless you.
We drove back Sat/Sun...22 hours straight from Utah. The worst part of any journey is Amarillo to Dallas. If I never make that drive again it will be too soon.
Post a Comment