Saturday, June 21, 2008

How are you going to give it a shower in there?

Today BT and I threw a baby shower for TS and Cletus.  It was a tremendous success.  Let it be known that we can make one heck of a chicken salad, and I also discovered the most delicious cookie recipe.  Neener neener neener.  Seeing TS all kinds of pregnant with her big baby belly opening tiny baby presents complete with the requisite “ohhs” and “aaaahhhs” got me to thinking about how my friend that I’ve known for so many years that it freaks me out to count it up is going to transition into mommyhood.  Pondering this made me think of a hilarious yet poignant day... 


It was a dark summer night... lol... Just kidding.... For reals... It was a maybe a month or so after I got Princess Stupifia, and TS and I decided that we needed to introduce the pups (she’s got 2 dogs...actually she may have only had one at the time, but the details are unimportant... shut up, SBC)... I digress... OK.  I’m obviously having a hard time getting this story going.  Anyway, I took Princess Stupifia over to TS’s house to acclimate the pups.  Princess S immediately peed on her floor.  Thank goodness for laminate flooring.  I go into the kitchen to fetch the paper towels, and TS opens the back door to let PS go outside.  TS decided to go outside too to make sure Princess S didn’t fall into the pool or something.  In true Princess Stupifia fashion she hauls ass out the door and totally beelines it for the pool.  She did not pass go, she did not collect $200; she just kept on running straight ahead like the water was going to freeze up and she could make it across.  SPLASH.  She’s in the pool.  Her little puppy instincts take over and she starts to doggie paddle, but she’s swimming down, not up.  TS COMPLETELY freaks out, screams and runs to the pool and jumps in, fully clothed, and fetches the pup.  In true SBC fashion, I literally fell to the floor laughing.  It was such a funny scene to witness through the sliding glass door while cleaning up the puppy puddle.  So I make it outside and TS is standing in soaking wet clothes, shivering in the middle of October holding my little puppy after she rescued it in true Baywatch fashion.  The whole point of the story, I guess, is that when I was pondering the future Mommy TS this little incident came to mind and made me realize that her maternal instincts have been there for some time now... even to rescue my little stupid puppy.  I can’t wait to meet little Cletus and see how the next chapter of their adventure unfolds.  Love ya, mean it!  Muah.


Before I turn in for the night, I must introduce two more peeps and give them mad props, yo, for their help with the baby shower.  First, we've got Pecan Sandie... Technically she's BT's brother's lady friend.  We've adopted her into the inner circle of cool, and she's just awesome.  She's also a math teacher, so she comes in handy when calculating stuff.  We've also got The Quiet One.  She's by far the shyest person I've ever met, and she's LOVELY. :) PS and TQO provided much help in all of the shower preparations, and for that, we thank you.  The title of today's blog comes from TQO's oldest son... when asked where she was going, TQO replied, "To a baby shower."  He asked where the baby was, and she told him he was still in TS's belly. The obvious response to that is... "How's she going to give it a shower in there?".  Kids say the darndest things.  


That is all, 

SBC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL.... Mad props to TS for saving the pup... I don't think I would have done the same. I totaly would have saved a kid but a dog?? I don't think it would ever have occured to me to just jump on it lol... maybe grab a net?? lol