Thursday, February 12, 2009

Don't Come Knockin' on My Door

I. Hate. Door-to-door. Solicitors.   HUGE pet peeve of mine.  In fact, I hate it when anyone rings my doorbell.  I have three dogs who go ape shit crazy when they hear the doorbell.  Don't EVEN get me started on the infuriating commercials that have doorbells ringing in them. Soooo annoying.  Anyone who comes to my house on a semi-regular basis knows to knock or to just come in if I'm expecting them.  

I digress... Door-to-door sales is a thing of the past.  I've got the Internet.  If I need, oh... say... ANYTHING I can find it online in the comfort of my own home.  I do not need anyone to come sell me a vacuum, sell me funeral plans (yes... that actually happened a few weeks ago), offer to spray for bugs, or anything else you can peddle door-to-door.  

The last one really irked me... some dude rang the doorbell thus driving my dogs in to a barking frenzy.  When I cracked open the door the guy wanted to sell me a grill.  I said I wasn't interested and he gave me the biggest "you're a bitch" look and threw his hands up in the air like he was telling me it was my loss.  Yup.  My loss, asswipe.  

When I told BigAC about the guy when he got home (he wanted to know why the door was locked when he came home), I told him about asswipe grill salesman.  He told me that the only thing he's ever bought from a door-to-door salesperson was our peephole.  And he only bought that to see the other assholes that were coming to the door.  Reason #465 why I'm happy I married him.  ;) 

That is all, 
~SBC

No comments: