Friday, October 3, 2008

Honeymoon Day 5: Shiver me timbers! A five hour tour...

Today we woke up at 6am for our Catamaran tour.  We got our stuff together and headed out at 6:40.  After a quick stop at the local McDonalds (where they serve Kauai coffee and Spam and eggs) we headed down to the port where we checked in for our tour.  

Ours was a barefoot tour, so we had to take off our shoes and put them on this kindergarten looking cart thing, and I was having flashes of the Sex and the City episode where Carrie gets her favorite fancy shoes shanked at a party where she had to take off her shoes at the door, except in my version someone was going to take my favorite Rainbow flip flops.  I stuffed my slaps into the hubby’s giant sandals and put them on the cart and wished them a fond farewell.  

When we got on the boat we got the required safety speech and were instructed on how to put on the life vests and they asked us to use the “aloha buckets” if we needed to ralph instead of using the toilet.  Yummy. 

So we set off for our 5 hour tour of the uninhabited Na’Pali Cost which is home of the tallest sea cliffs in the world.  It’s absolutely breathtaking.  We saw the same cliffs we saw from the helicopter tour from below on the water.  Quite an experience, and I highly recommend both views.  We saw some amazing waterfalls and secluded beaches and sea caves.  We encountered dozens and dozens of dolphins that would swim and jump next to the boat, lots of flying fish, and 7 or 8 turtles.  We stopped in a beautiful little cove next to a giant cliff to snorkel.  I jumped in, but didn’t enjoy the snorkeling experience, so I left BigAC to explore the waters and hopped back on board the boat and downed a ginger ale for good measure.  After we snorkeled they served us lunch and opened the bar, and then we headed back.  

The way back was kinda slow going and I think we both had had a little too much sun, but the views were still amazing and totally worth it.  I did get to see this lady hurl over the side of the boat which didn’t do much for me, but hey! At least I didn’t join her.  LOL!  

Once back on dry land we stopped for a non-evil flavor of Shave Ice and headed back to our cottage to hit the pool and cool off.  We read and swam for a while, then decided to go grab an early dinner at one of the local pizza places.  The pizza was yummy and once we were stuffed full of bready greasy goodness, we headed back to the cottage and read and watched some TV where I promptly fell asleep at 8:00.   Tomorrow we leave Kauai and head to Maui.  It feels like we should be going home, but HAHA jokes on us, because we’re just going to go have part 2 of our island adventure!  Weee!  We’re staying at a fancy shmancy resort town in Maui, so let the pampering and room service and air conditioning begin!


That is all,

SBC

No comments: