Monday, September 29, 2008

Honeymoon Day 1: Airports SUCK!

Aloha from Kauai!  In an effort to remember everything we're doing on our honeymoon, I started writing everything down on a little notebook I keep in my purse.  I realized that this would be a lovely bunch of blog entries, so I decided to post everything for all you peeps left at home to read and be jealous of.  Boo-ya!  Plus this way my mom won't worry so much because she'll know I'm alive and well if I plop some goodies up here on the ole blog, yo every once in a while.  Just so you know, I'm sitting on the lanai of the Waimea Plantation Cottages watching a beautiful sunset.  BigAC is reading and we're just lovin' married life right about now... but yesterday... yesterday was a different story.  

Day 1 of the honeymoon we woke up at 5:15 to get ready and leave for the airport.  We flew out of Dallas at 8:31 to Denver... Denver to LA.  We didn't even realize our flight had a stop until we got to Denver.  In LA we had to change planes and the flight ended up getting delayed over 4 hours.  That totally sucked major monkey balls.  When we got on the plane they delayed us another hour fixing the starter something or another... which was totally awesome because it turned a 6 hour flight into 7.5 hours on a plane.  In coach.  The good news is that our travel agent is brilliant and got us seats on the aisle and the window, so on the last two flights we didn't have anyone sitting in the middle seat which made the 7.5 hour flight just that much more fun!  

It was raining in Kauai when we landed, and we drove to the cottages that we're calling home for the next 4 days in the super duper dark Kauai night in the rain in our Jeep Wrangler rental.  Not too shabby.  We arrived at our cottage at 11 Hawaii time and went out on a hunt to buy something to drink... no luck.  NOTHING was open.  We are quite literally in the middle of nowhere!  We settled for 2 cans of soda from a vending machine that was older than me in front of one of the closed convenience stores.  We finally got everything unloaded and settled in about 22 hours after we left home.   

We did get greeted in the airport with leis which are beautiful purple orchids.  They're sitting in our refrigerator now, so I'll have to remember to take a picture of them.  

Stay tuned for Day 2!  That is all,
SBC

No comments: