Friday, November 28, 2008

Organizer Porn and My First Turkey

A little over a month ago, I found EasyClosets.com and fell head over heels in love.  I shit you not this website is like porn for OCD organizer types like myself.  I made about 27 custom closets before I picked The One.  The hubby and I decided the closet would be our Christmas gift to each other and placed the order.  That sucker showed up via UPS in 21 boxes.  The UPS man had to bring a helper and they both looked at me like I was nuts when I told them it was a new closet.  The next weekend and about 16 hours and a few choice curse words later, my closet was installed.  I want to live in there.  I could pull up a chair and just sit in there and revel in the goodness that is my closet.  Here's a little closet installation progression starting with the totally empty closet after BigAC pulled out all of the existing crappy closet hardware.  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



In other exciting news, we survived hosting our first Thanksgiving.  I believe my dear sweet mother said it had been 20 something years since she hadn't had to host and cook (or at least have the cooking done in her kitchen). Everything turned out superb with two minor glitches... First, the grill ran out of propane.  Hank Hill would be so pissed at us.  I popped TomTurkey in the oven while poor AC had to go out into the Black Friday craziness and get a refill.  Shoulda checked it like I said, eh?  Better luck next year.  Secondly, we cooked the turkey with the giblets inside it.  Again, the darling husband SWORE there were none in there... until he went to carve Tom, and whadda ya know?!?! Despite all of that it was probably the most delicious turkey ever.  I highly recommend using a digital meat thermometer that will buzz at you when TomTurkey is cooked through.  Made a delightfully perfectly cooked turkey... giblets and all.  

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Congrats on the closet and the turkey (strange statement that I may never make again but seems appropriate here)

Anonymous said...

It was a brilliant meal my love!